Monday, October 7, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - Birthday Boy Edition


So the birthday party was a smashing success, as was the after party sleep-over.  I'm glad I planned on some food for the after party and I'm glad I prepped as much as I could earlier in the day.  As soon as the four boys hit our front door, they made a bee-line to the fridge, exclaiming "I'm hungry!"  Fortunately I had fruit and cheese skewers and apples with caramel dip ready to go.  The quesadilas had been assembled and just needed to go into the oven for a few minutes.  The only thing they boys truly had to wait for was the mini tacos.  And even then, because the taco mixture was ready, all I had to do was put the mixture in the Tostitos Scoops and pop them in the oven as well.


The cake was also a hit.  The 8, er 9 year old, was so excited about it.  Once I got it frosted and sprayed with first red, then gold and silver food spray, he put "jewels" where he thought they should go.  I used fruit roll ups to mimic leather for the handle of the sword.

We're all hopeful this week won't be too hectic so we can relax a bit.  Both sets of grandparents may drive up for a visit on Saturday, but we'll keep that visit low key with burgers on the grill and a simple bundt cake or fruit pizza for dessert.

Sunday - Creamy Penne with Beef and Vegetables, Salad


Monday - Sausage with Yellow Rice and Vegetables, Salad


Tuesday - Biscuits and Gravy, Fruit Salad
Per the birthday boy's request.


Wednesday - Momma's Chili, Cornbread

Thursday - Baked Spaghetti, Salad


Friday - Buffalo Wings, French Fries, Vegetable and Fruit Plate
My husband has been asking for these for almost a month now.

Saturday - I'm not fully sure what Saturday will bring yet.  If we have family here, we'll toss some burgers and hot dogs on the grill.  If not, we'll either go out or have leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment