Monday, February 4, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - Super Bowl Edition


As I'm typing this, we're watching the Super Bowl and I'm full from all our "junk food" we had for supper.  While we all have colds in the family, we've still had a long, but good weekend full of activities and late nights.

On Friday night, the 8 year old and I went to a Cub Scout "camp-in" at our science museum.  We learned about the digestive system, insects, the scientific method, geocaching, and reptiles.  The program was good, but sleep was light.  Saturday we went to the circus with friends.  Poor planning on my part resulted in us going to the late show that night.  This meant the 8 year old didn't get to bed until almost midnight for the second night in a row.  I feel a little sorry for his teachers tomorrow.


Sunday - Chili Queso, Hot Corn Dip, Fruit Pizza
I made this chili queso on New Year's Day and my husband has asked me for it again nearly every day since then.  It has absolutely no redeeming nutritional value and is made with all processed foods, so I told him he had to wait until the Super Bowl to get it again.  I made gluten free cookie crust for the fruit pizza this time around and it was delicious.


Monday - Nana's Sausage Gravy Biscuits, Fruit Salad
The 8 year old requested Nana's sausage gravy biscuits for this week.  Big surprise.

Tuesday - Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken Sandwich, Salad, Fries
This one has been in my file for a few months and I thought it looked like a really good change from the heavier foods early this week.  Instead of the Asian slaw, I'm going to make a salad with Boston lettuce with similar flavors.

Wednesday - Quinoa au Gratin, Salad
I'm going to make a combination of my pasta au gratin and spring vegetable quinoa using mushrooms, spinach and butternut squash.


Thursday - 2 Bean Slow Cooker Chili, Salad
It's actually been a few weeks since we've had chili, and even longer since we've had this lighter version.

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Out

No comments:

Post a Comment