Friday, March 22, 2013

Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls


The 8 year old will eat just about anything if I wrap it in what he calls a "blanket," i.e. a crescent roll.  He still won't eat tomatoes, though, so I do leave them out of his portions.  Because he loves sausage gravy, I thought he would love this too, and I was right.
I created these gooey crescent bundles of goodness by combining my stuffed zucchini recipe and my chicken crescent bundles posted a few weeks ago.  The 8 year old gave them 10 stars out of 12.  At first he was hesitant, but once he gave them a chance, he loved them.

These could be made with the sausage of your choice, but I'm partial to regular ol' low fat bulk sausage.  You also could make smaller versions of these for a fantastic little appetizer at your next party, too.

Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls

½ pound low fat bulk sausage
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
¾ cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup tomato, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons milk
1 package continuous sheet crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown the sausage in a skillet.  Drain.  Combine with all remaining ingredients except crescent sheets.

Unroll crescent sheets onto large flat surface.  Cut in half lengthwise and again widthwise to form four rectangles.  Divide the sausage mixture into fourths and place on each rectangle of dough.  Fold up dough to form a small bundle.

Place on greased baking sheet and bake 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.

2 comments:

  1. Love the spinach! This looks absolutely perfect. I'm keeping this one. :)

    Thanks
    Sinea Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love cream cheese.... This recipe looks so very delicious.... I am pinning.... Can't wait to try them!


    hugs x

    Crystelle

    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete