Monday, March 25, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - March 24 - 30


A tip I learned this week:  If you plan for leftovers on your meal plan one night, make sure you don't eat all the leftovers for lunch through the week!  I had to scramble Thursday to find a slow cooker main dish using ingredients we had in the house.  I ended up with beef tips in gravy (thank goodness for managers specials on stew beef and a big freezer!), mashed potatoes from our last two baking potatoes, and steamed broccoli from the last of the head of broccoli we ate earlier in the week.  Instead, by Saturday we had leftovers enough that no one could eat the same thing, but everyone got what they wanted.

As I write this on Sunday late morning, it's snowing like crazy outside.  I'm trying to be relaxed about it, but in truth, I'm a little stressed.  Today starts Holy Week, which, as a church secretary, is my busiest week of the year.  I'm really hoping that whatever snow we get won't prevent the 8 year old from going to school tomorrow or from me going to work.

In my meal plans I'm going to start listing other items I need to make for the week.  I don't plan breakfasts because the 8 year old mostly eats cereal, muffins and fruit, or toast and jam; I eat whatever I can find, which since becoming gluten free is more of a challenge; and my husband eats on the go.  For lunch, my husband and the 8 year old pack sandwiches, leftovers or something simple like deli sandwich skewers.  I usually eat leftovers or crackers and cheese, but I almost always have a decent snack of fruit, almonds, or gluten free snack mix at my desk around noon.


Sunday - Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders, Rice, Cucumber Apple Salad with Fennel
Also make gluten free chocolate cupcakes (for dessert for the week), blueberry cornbread muffins, crustless quiche muffins (for my breakfast for the week), and salad dressing.

Monday - Tex-Mex Corn Bacon Chowder, Salad

Tuesday - Chicken Gyros, Yellow Rice


Wednesday - Pinto Beans, Cornbread

Thursday - Slow Cooker Chipotle Steak Quesadillas, Salad


Friday - Southern Fried Fish, Coleslaw, Hashbrowns

Saturday - Out or Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment