Monday, August 27, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - August 26 - September 1


We're starting to settle in to our back to school routine.  No one has been too late getting up yet, although we do still seem to cut it close leaving the house every morning.  The 7 year old seems to like his teacher, and I think I she will be a good fit.
I started my second job again Thursday, keeping another 7 year old on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  One day I keep him here, the other day I keep him at his house.  It makes getting dinner ready a challenge on the day we're at his house especially.  I've been keeping my eye out for good slow cooker meals I can toss in the slow cooker either before I leave the house or when I get home from my first job at 1:30p.m.

Sunday - Rice Topped with White Beans, Tomatoes and Squash, Salad, Bread
Adapted from a recipe in one of my vegetarian cookbooks.  I used to make this for my mommy friends when we had a lunch play date every week.  The original recipe calls for couscous, but my husband hates couscous, so I make it for him with jasmine rice.


Monday - Watermelon Shrimp Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing, Bread
One of our friends gave us a 25 pound watermelon...seriously.  We've been eating on it all week.  I thought before the last of our summer weather disappeared, I'd make this yummy salad with some of the watermelon again.

Tuesday - Out - sort of
Tuesday is Back to School Night at the 7 year old's school.  That means we'll be having hot dogs and chips at the school (and some fruit before we go or after we get home).  I kinda have to be there because I'm on the PTA board and my committee is in desperate need of volunteers this year.  Back to School Night is a big night for the PTA to recruit volunteers.

Wednesday - Slow Cooker Potato Soup, Salad, Bread
The 7 year old grows potatoes with his grandmother (my mother) in large barrels every year.  He dug some of them when we were there in July.  He also grew potatoes with his gardening club and we dug some of those earlier this month.  Needless to say, we have lots of potatoes to use up.

Thursday - Chef-Boy-R-Dee Pizza with Pepperoni, Salad
Yes, pizza from a box.  *sigh* This is yet another of the boxed convenience meals my mother-in-law has sent us over the last six months or so.  I've got to try to eat some of this stuff up, as it's either expired or getting close to it.

Friday - Chicken Gryos, Yellow Rice
I normally wouldn't fix this again so close to making it for our camping trip.  However we have leftover pitas from the trip I don't want to go to waste.


Saturday - Baby Back Barbecue Ribs, Baked Potatoes, Salad
For Labor Day Weekend, The Fresh Market has ribs on sale.  We're going to splurge and cookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment