Saturday, May 12, 2012

Poppy Seed Vinaigrette


I have no idea where I came across this recipe.  I've had it in my infamous "to make" file for years.  We use this over spinach strawberry salad.  The directions call for pouring all the ingredients in the blender, but if you wisk well while pouring the olive oil into the rest of the ingredients, you can make this by hand.  And really, there is something satisfying about making an emulsion properly by hand once you get the hang of it.

Since this will not be cooked, try to use a good quality olive oil.  The flavor will be greatly improved if you do.
Poppy Seed Vinaigrette

2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons
1/4 cup olive oil
 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds

In a blender, place the sugar, salt, vinegar, and oil.  Blend until smooth.  Stir in the poppy seeds.

2 comments:

  1. MMMM! This looks yummy. I love poppyseed dressing and I'll be trying this one out this weekend. I'd love for you to link it up to my link party at http://www.doodlesandstitches.com/2012/05/fabulous-friday-link-party_25.html Thanks for sharing the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy this. We love it on strawberry spinach salad, but you could use it on green leaf lettuce and pineapple or something similar too! Thanks for the invite, I posted this up on your party.

      Delete