Friday, August 31, 2012

Weekend Recipe Review - Cheesecake Tarts


My husband has been on a big ice cream cone kick lately.  While shopping for ice cream cones a few weeks ago, I found this recipe on the back of a Keebler waffle cone box.

My husband and I had this as dessert after a nice child-free dinner to celebrate our anniversary a little late.  I chose not to fill all the waffle bowls at one time so they wouldn't get soggy waiting for us to eat them up.  Instead I filled them as we ate them, storing the extra filling in the fridge so I could eat it straight with a spoon until we were ready for another tart.

Next time, I think I'll add an extra teaspoon of vanilla and maybe a tad less lemon juice.

Cheesecake Tarts

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 14-ounce can sweetened evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup lemon juice
6 waffle bowls
fruit of your choice, sliced (Keebler suggests kiwi and strawberry)

In a large bowl, blend cream cheese until smooth.  Pour in and blend evaporated milk, vanilla and lemon juice.  Let chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.  Spoon 1/3 cup of mixture into waffle bowls.  Top with desired fruit.

Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment