Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Meal Plan - October 27 - November 2


Another busy week looms before us here in the NTAC household.  I was hoping that this week would be a little slower, but I don't think that will be the case.  At least we will have our first free weekend in 5.  The 9 year old is encouraged to dress like his favorite Roman or Greek god or goddess on Thursday at school.  We found out about this on Friday.  So after telling him that I did not have time or energy to make his Halloween costume this year (he's going to be a ninja), I now have to make a Halloween costume for school between now and Thursday morning.

The 9 year old is also chosen as the star student in his class for the upcoming week.  It's an exciting week for the star student, but it also means creating an About Me poster, sharing items that are special to the star student, and bringing a snack treat to share with the class.  The pressure is on because a couple weeks ago the star student brought fancy decorated cake pops that are still being talked about.  I was trying to encourage rice crispies treats, but the 9 year old has insisted on cupcakes.

In addition, the star student's parents are asked to write a letter, silly story, or poem about their child.  We can also share a video of our child as a baby or toddler.  I think we've got the video narrowed down to this one which makes me laugh every time I see it.



Sunday - Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
We thought we were going to go to a corn maze/pumpkin patch today, but it didn't happen.  I wanted something easy to fix when we got home.


Monday - Chicken and Noodle Stir Fry
Similar to my Chicken Fried Rice, but with noodles.
Also make muffins for breakfasts.

Tuesday - Homemade Hamburger Helper, Broccoli
The 9 year old has requested Hamburger Helper.  I can't have the boxed version, nor do I relish feeding my family salt lick in a box.  So I'm going to try this recipe instead.


Wednesday - Beef and Bean Taquitos, Tomatillo Salsa, Yellow Rice
Also help the 9 year old make lightly salted and buttered popcorn to take to Cub Scouts as a healthy snack for our pack meeting and vegan chocolate cupcakes for his class on Friday.


Thursday  - Chili, Cornbread
This will be to take to our neighborhood Halloween soup potluck block party.  I make chili every year for Halloween anyway, so it works out.


Friday - Cheesy Potato Soup, Salad
I have a bunch of potatoes and haven't had potato soup in a long time.

Saturday - Me: dinner at a parenting meeting.  The boys: Out or Leftovers
Knowing the boys, they will go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment