Monday, July 15, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - July 14 - 20


It's been a rainy, wet week around here.  On Wednesday we got 4 inches of rain in half an hour and our area saw the worst flooding since what is referred to around here as "The Flood" in 1985.  The 8 year old, his friend and I were in the theater watching Despicable Me 2 (go see it!!!) when the storm started.  As we were leaving the theater parking lot, I realized the only road leading out of the parking lot was flooded at the intersection.  Fortunately for us, it was no so flooded that I couldn't make a right hand turn and get to higher ground.  After that, I learned later, we managed to literally skirt all the flooded areas all the way home.  I'm not overly religious, but I do believe we got home safely only by the grace of God.


Fennel, cantaloupe, corn, eggs, garlic, yellow plums, zucchini and squash, peaches, tomatoes, and broccoli.
Despite the rain, we made quite a haul at the farmer's market this weekend. We were hoping for watermelon, but all the farmers say the rain is really affecting them.  The plums are delicious, though.  So sweet they almost taste like candy.  And I was happy to get eggs.  Sometimes we don't get down there early enough and the eggs are sold out.


I'm also making freezer pickles this week from my mom's tried and true recipe.  My friend Valeria gave me tons of cucumbers from her garden, so I only had to buy the onions, sugar, and vinegar.

Sunday - Steaks on the Grill, Baked Potatoes, Corn on the Cob
(I forgot I had a meeting at 5:00p.m. on Saturday, so I moved grill night to Sunday)


Monday - Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders, Squash Fritters, Cucumber Apple Salad with Fennel


Tuesday - Beefy Rice Romano, Broccoli Salad
(Hopefully there will be broccoli salad.  My husband keeps eating broccoli before I can get the salad made)

Wednesday - Out/Leftovers
(We usually eat out on Fridays or Saturday, but Wednesday will be busy with extra boys, so I'm shuffling things around).

Thursday - Fish Tacos, Cilantro Lime Rice

Friday - Grill Night

Saturday - PF Chang Copycat Lettuce Wraps

No comments:

Post a Comment