Monday, June 10, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - June 9 - 15


Last week passed by quickly and quietly without the 8 year old here.  One afternoon my husband and I walked down to the village to our local coffee shop to visit and to enjoy a good cup of fair trade coffee.  While we were there, a thunderstorm came up, so we sat back with our coffee and a board game to make an afternoon our of our brief trip.


Summer crops are starting to show up at the farmer's market.  This week I got the last of the strawberries.  Last week I made jam out of the 3 quarts I bought, but this week the one container I managed to snag will be eaten plain, mostly by the 8 year old.

Isn't it a pretty salad? Everything was local except for the peaches.
Sunday - Peach and Blueberry Garden Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette, Bread/Crackers

Monday - Mexican Black Bean Pizza, Salad


Tuesday - Chicken Crescent Rolls, Broccoli
Also make French Dip to freeze.
(The 8 year old wanted this for the last day of school, but we were so busy we just had a big salad instead).

Wednesday - Prosciutto, Asparagus, and Parmesan Spaghetti, Salad
Also make No-Bake Granola "Cupcakes"

Thursday - Taco Macaroni and Cheese, Salad
(The 8 year old loves boxed Hamburger Helper.  It makes me gag, plus it's not gluten free.  I'm hopeful he'll like this just as much).

Friday - Out/Leftovers
Also make blueberry muffins.

Saturday - Hosin Glazed Salmon, Rice, Salad
Also make spinach and artichoke dip and queso dip for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment