Monday, February 25, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - February 24 - March 2


After 19 years waiting for an upright freezer, I finally got one last week.  Actually, someone gave me one they were discarding this summer, but the outlet in the basement wasn't grounded.  What really happened this week was finally getting the outlet grounded.  I was so happy in the grocery store on Saturday that I could buy extra bags of chicken breasts on sale and freely peruse the marked down meat for good deals without worrying about how it was going to go in my 3 cubit foot freezer attached to my fridge.  Yes, I did buy much more than I would have at the grocery this week, but it was all sale stuff and all stuff I now have a place for.  In addition to buying extra meat, I also made a big double batch of marinara sauce and a triple batch of brown (pinto) beans so I could freeze them too.

I got my computer moved back to my desk this weekend, so now I'm no longer hunched over a coffee table or working on a very slanted kitchen table.  My in-laws made a surprise visit on Saturday (well, they did call Friday night to let us know they were coming).  My mother-in-law made the 8 year old his favorite sausage gravy and I made some fruit salad to go with it.

In other news this week I took the 8 year old and his friend to see the original 1966 Batmobile on Thursday. The 8 year old was thrilled, but his friend was bored out of his skull.

Sunday - Baked Spaghetti Squash with Chicken, Spinach and Cheese, Salad
I'm going to adapt a recipe by Skinnytaste for this one by adding shredded chicken.

Monday - Smothered Chicken Breasts, BBQ Potatoes, Green Beans
The chicken breasts will be smothered in bacon and onions.  The original recipe called for shredded cheddar too, but I wasn't crazy about that.  The BBQ Potatoes from Kayotic Kitchen I pinned about 3 weeks ago and it's gotten over 350 repins since.  Crazy!

Tuesday - Spaghetti Dinner and talent show at the 8 year's school
Normally we don't go to the annual spaghetti dinner because the 8 year old doesn't do spaghetti, but this year one of his good friends is in the talent show.  And I learned they are going to do a gluten free option, so we're going to give it a try this year.

Wednesday - Blue and Gold Banquet at Cub Scouts
This is a potluck dinner and when our older Scouts will cross over to become Boy Scouts.  I'll be making Lemon Parmesan Broccoli to take.

Thursday - Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet, Salad
From an old slow cooker cookbook I've had for years.  I'm pretty sure I've made this before a long time ago.


Friday - Breaded Chicken, Angel Hair Pasta, Salad
This won't be panko crusted because I haven't found gluten free panko crumbs yet.  Might be Rice Chex crusted or cornmeal crusted instead.  There will also be some sort of sauce, but I haven't decided yet what.

Saturday - Out

No comments:

Post a Comment