Monday, October 22, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - October 21 - 27


Last week was a full week, and as I'm typing this on Sunday afternoon, I'm feeling a little flu-ish.  I slept a good bit of yesterday, so I'm kind of hoping I'm on the mend.

This week doesn't promise to be any slower, but I'm hoping it will be less stressful.

Sunday - Roasted Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob
A few weeks ago I bought a pre-seasoned turkey breast at a ridiculously low price.  It's not the thing I would normally buy but I couldn't turn down the price.  I thought I'd hold on to it for a week like this when I needed something that required little effort.

Monday - Chinese Beefy Noodles, Broccoli
I wanted to make this from my "to make" files weeks ago, but I couldn't find ginger and then it sort of fell off my radar.  Giving it another shot this week.


Tuesday - Fettuccine Alfredo, Spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Any time I ask my husband what he'd like to have for supper, he usually suggests this, chili, or spaghetti.  I did buy late season broccoli and fall spinach at the market this week, so I suppose I should use them on something.

Wednesday - Red Beans and Rice, Salad, Bread
Carry over from last week.

Thursday - Two Bean Turkey Chili, Cornbread
My husband suggested chili this week too.  I forgot I always make chili on Halloween, but I suppose having it two weeks in a row won't kill us.

Friday - Halloween Party at a Friend's

Saturday - Chicken Saltimbocca, Angel Hair Pasta
This meal from Go Ahead, Take a Bite looks delicious!  I also bought shitake mushrooms at the market this week that I'll be using in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment