Monday, October 15, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - October 14 - 20


One of the things about owning a blog is you have to look at your stats and your traffic from time to time to figure out what works best.  What I'm learning the last few weeks is that my current posting schedule needs a little tweaking.  Didn't know I posted on a certain schedule?  That's okay.  I wasn't testing you.

Currently I've been posting on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.  The Monday and Wednesday posts seem to make sense.  Friday is okay, but Saturday just doesn't work.  So starting next week I'll be switching things around.

We'll still have Meal Plan Monday, even though my meal plans start on Sunday.  This was one of the first features I knew I wanted on the blog and even though it's not the most read, I still think it works for now.  Tuesday I'll post a cooking or kitchen tip, idea, or ramble.  Thursday will be reserved for the new recipe of the week and I'll keep the Weekend Recipe Review on Friday.

Sunday - Lasagna, Salad, Bread
Carry over from last week.  Wednesday I had an eye doctor appointment and upon realizing I could barely see from the dilation, my "boys" took me out to eat.  I decided the lasagna was the easiest thing to hold until this week.


Monday - Summer Corn Chowder, Bread, Salad
Before my luck runs out and I can't get any more fresh corn, I'm going to make this one last time for the year. It's supposed to be rainy and cool, so it will work perfectly.


Tuesday - Summer Vegetable Quesadillas, Rice
Yay for late season vegetables at the community market!

Wednesday - Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, Hash Browns
I thought these looked good and I'm always looking for something I can toss in the slow cooker.  I have lots of frozen hash browns leftover from something that I need to get out of my freezer.  And there will be something "green." I just haven't figured out what yet.

Thursday - Leftover Lasagna
My lasagna recipe makes a lot. We'll need to make sure we eat it up.

Friday - Out
We're out of school today and have a big Scout field trip to the local TV station.  We're not supposed to be done until 5:00p.m., which means getting home around 5:30 or later once I get all my Scouts to the right places.  I think we'll just grab a pizza and a movie somewhere on the way home.

Saturday - Red Beans and Rice, Salad
The 8 year old has been asking me to make red beans and rice from scratch for him, as I usually just use Zataran's.  Problem is, he hates onions and green peppers, which most recipes call for.  Hiding the veggies should be an interesting challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your menu plan. I planned of doing this long time ago but it never happened. I have a short attention span when it comes to blogging lol! Although, I treat it as work that I rest and not blog on weekends.

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete