Monday, June 17, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - Father's Day Edition


The 8 year old has been back a week now.  He spent his week at Cub Scout day camp where he learned all kinds of cool things and fortunately did not bring home too many useless crafts.  He said his favorite activity was learning how to make shelter using tree branches and leaves.  He also make a cute terrarium complete with a red poison dart frog that I claimed for my recently rearranged and cleaned off desk.

Meanwhile, I spent the week trying to get some projects done while I had a few extra hours in the afternoon.  In reality I attempted a project and then took a nap to try to get rid of a migraine nearly every day.  Hoping next week will be better!


My husband had to work Saturday morning, so the 8 year old and I walked to the market together.  Aside from bathtime, our Saturday morning walk to the farmers market is supposedly the 8 year old's least favorite thing all week.  He grumbles about it greatly, but ends up having a good time anyway.  Of course the fresh squeezed lemonade from Mr. Cricket (the market manager), visiting with various dogs (he's very much a dog person) and their owners, seeing friends and former teachers, and sometimes suckering me into buying him a freshly baked chocolate chip scone seem to help.

This week we found a great deal on blueberries, some carrots for snacking, and the gentleman who sells beautiful local flower arrangements gave the 8 year old a small bouquet of lavender to give to me.  I have it in small vases in my kitchen window right now.  It makes the kitchen smell so good!  We also wandered in to our local natural foods store for some gluten free bread and found a cool looking kit to grow our own oyster mushrooms.  (And I'm not getting paid by the company to link to them!)  I think it will be a great summer project. The 8 year old and I will keep you updated on our mushrooms' progress.


Sunday - Baby Back Barbeque Ribs, Baked Potatoes, Grilled Zucchini


Monday - Spaghetti with Mizithra, Salad


Tuesday - Chicken Bruschetta, Angel Hair Pasta, Salad

Wednesday - Tacos, Cilantro Lime Rice, Refried Beans


Thursday - Chicken Croquettes, Garden Vegetable Salad

Friday - Out/Leftovers

Saturday - Grill out night

No comments:

Post a Comment