Monday, February 11, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - February 10 - 16


This is going to be a quick, down and dirty, just the facts, ma'am sort of blog post.  In fact I almost forgot to post it at all.

You see, the roof is leaking right over my desk and has been since late December.  We've had a lot of precipitation since then, so for the last 6 weeks, my laptop and I have been moving all over the house trying to find any spot not taken up by something else and out of the way of a very energetic 8 year old.  It helps that I got a new battery for my computer for my birthday and can now move it without having to shut it down, move the plug, and reboot.

Also my husband and I have both been sick with a lingering cold for almost two full weeks now.  I've been lucky to get done what needs done, much less any extras.  And with the other adult in the house sick at the same time, we're both doing just the bare minimum to stay afloat.  I'm finally starting feel on the upswing, though.

If you've been following along on the blog's Facebook page, you'll know I've gone gluten free.  Today marks my third week of being gluten free, and I feel fantastic (aside from the sinus stuff).

Sunday - Meat and Potato Casserole, Salad
I know.  How boring can a recipe title be.  This is an adaptation of a slow cooker recipe that flopped in the slow cooker.  I haven't made it in quite a while because it called for a can of cream of mushroom soup.  However I also made some cream of something soup mix over the weekend and this was a great recipe to try it out on.

Monday - Cheesey Spaghetti Squash Bake, Salad
I haven't quite gotten brave enough to try gluten free pasta yet, but this looked like a good alternative to a pasta laden casserole.

Tuesday - Red Beans and Rice, Salad
Normally I do pancakes for Fat Tuesday, but there was a request for this dish instead.

Wednesday - Leftovers
The 8 year old's Pinewood Derby begins at 6:00p.m., so I'm going to do leftovers rather than trying to cook, finish up a car, and get where we need to be in time.

Thursday - Slow Cooked Tri-Tips with Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
I made this once before, but we ate it all before I could take a picture.  It was yum.  I've been experimenting with gluten free all purpose flour in gravies with great success.

Friday - Out

Saturday - Chicken Gyros, Yellow Rice, Lettuce, Tomato
I'm responsible for the food at my monthly parenting meeting.  This is something my husband and the 8 year old like too, so I'll make enough to leave with them for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment