Monday, December 10, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - December 9 - 15


I've been decorating the house for Christmas off and on for about week now, but we finally bought the tree on Saturday.  Because we usually do a live tree, we wanted to wait a bit before we put it up so it didn't get so dry before Christmas.  While I was at a meeting on Saturday evening, my husband and the 8 year old put the lights on it.  Yesterday we got it completely decorated and I finished the rest of the decorations for the house.

This week we'll concentrate on what to make the 8 year old's teachers for Christmas gifts.  I'm kind of thinking fudge or a couple different kinds of spice blends.


Sunday - Stuffed Zucchini, Salad
I keep running across my pictures of stuffed zucchini, and now I really want it.


Monday - Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders, Salad, Bread
I also thought this would be good to have again.  I think it's been a few months.  Depending on the weather, we may do these inside this time around.

Tuesday - Slow Cooked Tri-Tips, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Green Beans
It does mean red meat twice this week (three times if you count the little bit of bacon we'll get Monday night), but as soon as I saw this recipe, I knew we had to try it.


Wednesday - Eggplant Parmesan, Spaghetti Noodles, Salad
And so to balance out all that red meat, a vegetarian dish like eggplant Parmesan will hit the spot!

Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie, Salad
My husband really likes chicken pot pie.  I've been trying and combining different recipes here and there to find one we both like.

Friday - Out
The Christmas parade is Friday night, followed by night two of an annual Christmas festival here.  I think we'll head downtown and eat out there before the parade.


Saturday - Chicken Santa Fe, Yellow Rice
This tops my husband's top 10 favorite meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment