Friday, November 16, 2012

Weekend Recipe Review - Spinach Artichoke Pasta



Not the healthiest dish in the world, but is there anything better than a big plate of creamy pasta topped with spinach, artichokes, and crunchy panko bread crumbs?  Pioneer Woman came up with Spinach Artichoke Pasta - a twist on spinach artichoke dip - and I'm a sucker for her recipes.  (Think she'd adopt me?)

I did lighten up a tiny bit by using 1% milk instead of whole milk.  I also pulled my brick of mozzarella cheese out of the fridge to grate only to discover that it was a brick of swiss instead.  I could have sworn I had mozzarella, but it was nowhere to be found.  So, swiss it was.  The red pepper flakes on the top were a nice touch.  I used just a pinch, but if you like more heat, go for it!

All in all, this was a nice almost vegetarian meal (I did use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock) on a weeknight or even a Friday date night in.  We had this with a salad and some crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment