Monday, September 10, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - September 9 - 14


I'm sitting here writing this on Saturday afternoon, still stressed out from yesterday.  My husband investigates insurance claims for a living, which means he's on the road all day long.  His territory is about 100 mile radius from our city.  Yesterday his car broke down on the far edge of his territory.  After having the car towed about 20 miles closer to home, right at supper time, I drove down to go get him.  The car stayed behind and we're hopeful that repair shop can replace the fuel pump by late Monday afternoon.

I feel very disorganized and disoriented today, but I think I've managed to come up with a reasonable meal plan.  This may change if we have to go get the car on Monday afternoon.

The 7 year old decided to make Popsicles this morning before anyone else woke up.  I came downstairs to a sticky counter and floor and juice all the way down the front of my fridge and in the freezer all the way to the back wall.

Sunday - Leftovers

Monday - Breaded Chicken Breasts, Spaghetti Squash, Salad
The 7 year old loves it when I bread chicken breasts for him.  This will also be pretty easy if we have to go pick up a car early afternoon.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the spaghetti squash yet, but I'm leaning toward something Florentine with somewhat of an Alfredo sauce.

Tuesday - Spicy Bean Burritos, Avocado, Rice
Maybe I'll actually get these made this week.  I've carried them over twice now.

Wednesday - Hamburger Helper, Squash Fritters 
Aside from a taco kit and some mac and cheese, I think this is finally the last of the convenience foods my mother-in-law has bought me recently.  We still have half a case of canned corn and half a case of canned peas to eat up, though.

Thursday - Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Pork, Rice
This sounds good and this time of year I really need at least one slow cooker meal a week.


Friday - Shrimp Etouffee, Bread
It's my husband's birthday and I'm making this upon request.

Saturday - Hubby and 7 year old on own.  I've got a Spiritual Parenting Group Meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment