Monday, August 13, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - August 12 - 19


The past week without the 7 year old has been quiet.  We're starting to miss him a lot, but he'll be home on Wednesday.  One of the nice things we have enjoyed is cooking just for ourselves.  Oh, and I get to watch Jeopardy in the evenings, too.
On Thursday we'll be leaving for our annual multi-family camping trip.  This will be the fifth year.  Normally we find a different state park to visit and stay at, but last year we enjoyed the state park we visited so much we're going back to the same one again this year.  Our campsites are right on a lake and we can rent kayaks by the day to dock near our campsite.  Each family is responsible for cooking one meal and sharing the responsibilities for a second meal with another family.  It's always a wonderful time, and we manage to find some time to relax too.

Sunday - Cabo Wabo Shrimp, Rice, Salad
Years ago I found this recipe in TV Guide and have been promising my husband I'd make it ever since.

Monday - Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers, Salad, Bread
I created the stuffed peppers a while ago and haven't made them since.  We got some peppers in a CSA share my boss gave me, so this will be a good way to use them up before we leave town.


Tuesday - Summer Vegetable Quesadillas, Cilantro Lime Rice, Salad
We've also been given a bunch of zucchini to use up and I can't think of a better way to use it.

Wednesday - Shanghai Noodles with Spicy Beef Sauce
This was in my "to make" file and has been for more years than I can imagine.  I thought it'd be fun to try while we're child-free.

Thursday - Camping

Friday - Camping
Breakfast - Baked Blueberry Oatmeal, joint venture with my best friend.

Supper - Chicken Gyros, Saffron Rice

Saturday - Camping

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to the camping trip. But I'm already going to have to rethink Wednesday. I just realized today that I don't have any ground beef. I thought for sure I had two pounds in the freezer, but I only have one. Since there still groceries still needed for the camping trip, I'm not willing to go even the few dollars over budget for another pound of ground beef. Maybe I'll see if I can make something similar with chicken instead.

    ReplyDelete