Monday, October 21, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - Semi Boy-free Edition


The 9 year old has his first overnight school field trip this week.  Then two days later he has a sleep-over at a friend's house to celebrate the friend's birthday.  So we have two nights without him this week, and I think he's looking forward to two nights on his own.

Sunday - Out
We were coming back from a family event, so I opted not to cook.

Monday - Hamburgers, French Fries, Salad
I'm not getting a chance to go to the grocery store until this afternoon or tomorrow.  I have plenty of hamburgers in the freezer, so this is a quick easy meal I can make without hitting the store for something.

Tuesday - Beef Stroganoff, Egg Noodles, Green Beans
I finally found gluten free egg noodles on Amazon.com and they were delivered over the weekend.  This is another meal I've been missing since going gluten free and I'm going to try a new sauce over it that doesn't include a can of cream of something soup.

Wednesday - Sausage, Penne, and Spinach Soup, Bread
I'm going to adapt this recipe.

Thursday - Pulled Pork with Apple Cider Sauce, Cole Slaw


Friday - Shrimp Etouffee, Salad
Making this to use up the pound of shrimp I got on sale last week and to use some green peppers my mom brought me from a friend's garden.

Saturday - King Ranch Casserole, Salad
The last bag of corn tortillas I bought were all banged up in the middle.  Most of them were mysteriously broken in half.  I figured this would be a good way of still being able to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment