Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday Meal Plan - First Week of Summer Vacation


This is the first week of summer vacation for the 8 year old.  He is spending it at the beach with his grandparents.  Normally when the 8 year old is gone, my husband and I like to eat foods the 8 year old doesn't especially like and experiment with new meals.  This week is no different.  In fact this week I'm experimenting with some meals that we can take with us to eat in the hotel room on our family vacation later this summer.


We had a good trip to the farmer's market this Saturday.  Our spring has been so wet, the spring crops have been very thin, especially with strawberries and some of the greens.  I don't think I've seen kale at the market yet.  But the good news, the rain has brought us some early harvests of mushrooms.  This week I bought three pounds of some of the last of the strawberries to try to make freezer jam.


Sunday - Buffalo Chicken Wings, French Fries, Raw Vegetable Plate
Also make taco meat and blueberry coffee cake and cut up 5 pound pork loin into meal sized pieces.
(I adapted the wings to be gluten free by using rice flour and they still turned out great).

Monday - One Pot Basil Pasta, Salad
(I've got some asparagus that didn't get eaten last week I'm going to add in this pot as well).


Tuesday - Shrimp Etouffee, Salad

Wednesday - Chicken Parmesan Meatballs, Angel Hair Pasta, Asparagus

Thursday - Shiitake Mushroom Taquitos, Rice, Black Beans
(I'm going to adapt Family Food Finds' recipe to be a touch more Tex-Mex).

Friday - Out/Leftovers

Saturday - Pork Chops on Grill, Baked Potatoes, Asparagus or Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment