Monday, April 1, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - Easter 2013 Edition


As I type this on Sunday evening, my in-laws just left with the 8 year old in tow so he can spend the majority of his spring break with them.  While they were here, we had a beautiful (if I do say so myself) dinner.  I don't get to cook holiday meals often because we are frequently traveling, so I was having a great time preparing this dinner.

I have the week off from work, so the non-food plan for this week while the 8 year old is gone is to work on cleaning out the basement some and get things ready for a yard sale in late April or early May.  We are being overrun by toys and clothes the 8 year old has grown out of.  Wish me luck!  I'm afraid I'll just collapse in a heap and not do anything productive!

Sunday - Herb Rubbed Pork Loin with Gravy, Broccoli Salad, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans, Rolls, and Strawberries and Cream Pie
Aside from the rolls, this meal was completely gluten free!  I made the pie crust with gluten free chocolate cookies.


Monday - Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue, Coleslaw, Rolls, and Hashbrowns
The goal today is to use up hashbrowns, coleslaw, and rolls from previous meals.


Tuesday - Fettuccine Alfredo with Broccoli, Salad, Rolls
To use up leftover broccoli and because my husband loves it.


Wednesday - Chicken Saltimbocca ala Romano, Salad

Thursday - Leftovers or out
I want to clean out the fridge as much as possible before we visit with family because we won't be eating here.  If we don't have enough to make two meals on though, I do have a gift card to a local restaurant we both like that expires soon we can use to make this a cost free meal.

Friday and Saturday - Visits with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment