Monday, February 18, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - February 17 - 23


We're still trying to get over a couple of nasty colds/viral infections around here.  I keep thinking we're almost done and then someone has a rough day.  The temperatures yo-yo'ing from 20 degrees in the morning to 65 degrees that afternoon don't really help.

In other news, after waiting for over 19 years for a freezer, I finally got one on Friday.  Well, actually someone gave me their old freezer this summer after our big storm and power outage, but the outlet in the basement we wanted to plug it in to wasn't grounded.  We drug our feet about getting it fixed, but last week I talked to the electrician doing some work for my workplace who agreed to fix it for me.  So far we only have a package of pita in the freezer.  I hope to change that over the next few weeks.  If you have any ideas for good freezer meals, post them in the comments or on the Facebook page for me to try out!

We had great fun at the Pinewood Derby last week.  My slow car came in 3rd.  The 8 year old's fast car was in the top third of the group, but we're not sure of the exact place.  This week in Scouts: knot tying!


Sunday - Fettucini Alfredo, Salad
I finally brave enough to try a gluten free rice pasta.  It was okay, but I think next time, I'll try a corn pasta.  Someone told me Sunday afternoon that it held up a little better.

Monday - Chicken with Honey Beer Sauce, Yellow Rice, Broccoli Salad
In my never ending quest to do new and different things with chicken breasts, this one looked like a winner.

Tuesday - Mushroom Beef Stew, Salad
I made this several weeks ago out of a pamphlet that came with my slow cooker.  Unfortunately I think I threw the pamphlet away before saving the recipe.  So now I'm just going to make it up as I go along.

Wednesday - Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas, Mexican Sour Cream Rice
I made the quesadillas once before and they needed a little "umfph," so I'm trying again this week.  My quesadilla will be made with a rice tortilla; my husband's and 8 year old's will be with whole wheat tortillas.


Thursday - Pinto Beans, Gluten Free Cornbread, Salad
There are 3 pounds of pinto beans in my pantry I need to use up.  My thought is to make all three pounds on Thursday and freeze what we don't eat for supper.

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Out

No comments:

Post a Comment