Monday, January 21, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - January 20 - 26


Our week ended with lots of excitement.  Five inches of snow beginning about the time school was to be dismissed on Thursday.  They got out two hours early instead and by the time I got the 8 year old picked up from my emergency babysitter an hour later, fueled up my truck, and we all got home, the snow was already sticking to the grass.  The snow was wet and heavy.  Of course school was out the next day.

Today school is out in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so the 8 year old has enjoyed his four day weekend.  Saturday the 8 year old attended a birthday party that was an indoor pool party.  Today we went to a bounce castle party place followed by our first time ice skating.

Sunday - Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup, Bread, Salad
My pick for the week.  This looks so good and I have lots of carrots and celery to use up.

Monday - Slow Cooker Tacos, Rice, Guacamole
The 8 year old saw this by looking over my shoulder while I was perusing blogs.  He requested it this week.

Tuesday - Stuffed Peppers, Salad
Carry over from last week.  Our change of plans with early school dismissal, snow, and making sure everyone got home safely threw me off schedule.  I didn't get a chance to get get these in the slow cooker in time.

Wednesday - Tortilla Torte
From my "to make" file.  Actually I used to make this often years ago but thought I'd lost the recipe.  I rediscovered it recently.

Thursday - Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
I've seen a few recipes recently for Salisbury steak, but they all called for a lot of processed foods.  I'm going to try to make one without the processed stuff.


Friday - Shrimp Etouffee, Salad
Hubby's pick of the week, of course.

Saturday - Out

No comments:

Post a Comment