Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Monday Meal Plan - Final Countdown to Christmas


This will be a short week for us, but I'm not sure exactly how short.  The 8 year old gets out of school for winter break on Thursday afternoon.  At some point between Friday and Christmas Day, we'll have Christmas visits with my small family and my husband's very large family.  Plans are still up in the air, though.  So for now I'm only planning meals through Thursday.
Just a note, I will not be posting much next week and there will not be a meal plan until after the first of the year.

Sunday - Chicken Pot Pie, Salad
Mine was inspired by the one linked above at Smells Like Home.  Carry over from last week.  We treated the 8 year old to dinner out last week one night instead.

Monday - Southwest Pasta Skillet, Salad
Ground beef, pasta, and southwest flavors make this a favorite in our house.

Tuesday - Baked Quinoa with Chicken Sausage and Spinach
We don't eat a lot of chicken sausage, but The Fresh Market makes some great varieties.  I can't wait to try this.

Wednesday - Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce, Salad, Bread
Adapted from a Pioneer Woman recipe, I love this more than fettuccine Alfredo.

Thursday - Mom out.  Boys will have leftovers on their own.

Friday - With extended family?

Saturday - With extended family?

No comments:

Post a Comment