Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Meal Plan - August 5 -12


Last week turned out to be about as normal as we've had all summer.  The 7 year old went to the day camp he looks forward to all summer, where he gets to do all the kinds of things boys like to do.  He also got his first pocket knife with a tiny 1.5 inch blade.  I have said "Be careful," more this week than I have in his entire life, but he hasn't managed to cut himself - yet.
Today, the 7 year old goes to "Camp Nana's" for his final week and a half before school starts on August 20.  I have a PTA board meeting on Thursday that is potluck appetizers, so I'm going to try some pinwheels inspired by Kraft's Pimento Cheese Pinwheels.  Otherwise, I'm making several new recipes and things that my husband and I will enjoy much more than the 7 year old.

Sunday - Chicken Tacos, Cilantro Lime Rice
The 7 year old had a birthday party to go to, so he got pizza.  I made sure to save him some chicken and cheese though, just in case.  We love this version of Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice.


Monday - Spaghetti with Brown Butter and Mizithra, Salad, Bread
We haven't had this in a while, and my husband asks for it frequently when the 7 year old is gone.

Tuesday - Shrimp Etouffee, Bread
We tried this a couple years ago and didn't get it quite right.  I don't think we let the roux get brown enough and it needed more heat for sure.  I've got three recipes I'm referring to and am going to take what I think are the best from the three recipes for this one.

Wednesday - Beef and Bean Taquitos with Avocado Sauce, Yellow Saffron Rice
Although we don't eat a lot of ground beef (or red meat, for that matter) this looked good.  And yes, it means two Tex-Mex meals in one week.  Fortunately neither my husband or I mind.

Thursday - Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce, Salad, Bread
Adapted from Pioneer Woman's Pasta a la Betsy, this is one of my favorites.  I love this simple meal.

Friday - Buffalo Wings, Veggie Platter, French Fries
(Or "wangs" if you're from the South.)  Total junk food.  My husband will be very happy.  I'm not crazy about wings, so I fix myself some chicken tenders with the same crust and very gently dip them in the wing sauce on the side.

Saturday - Out, because I've worked all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment