Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Meal Plan - Aftermath


After having the power out last week, Independence Day, and our wedding anniversary, I'm ready for a normal, calm week.  We had no meal plan last week, as we didn't cook in our house until Thursday (but I did make the 7 year old very happy by fixing a favorite - biscuits and sausage gravy).  This week the 7 year old is at "Camp Nana's," so I'm going to do some experimenting and will fix some requests from my husband.

Sunday - Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders, Fennel Salad, Jasmine Rice and Corn on the Cob
I'm still formulating a recipe in my head.  I just know I want to do something light, quick and easy.


Monday - Fettuccine Alfredo, Salad, Bread
My husband requests this almost every time we have a boy-free day/week. 

Tuesday - Summer Corn Chowder, Salad, Bread
The temps are supposed to drop down to a comfortable level and corn is starting to make its appearance in the market, so this is a great week to give this yummy looking chowder a try.

Wednesday - Fried Fish, Homemade French Fries, Slaw
I've always coated my fish with cornmeal.  This week I'm going to try a wet batter and fry it in my deep fryer.  We'll see how it turns out.

Thursday - Summer Vegetable Quesadillas, Rice, Salad
Last week while we were staying with my (vegetarian) friend, she and I came up with this yummy quesadilla using zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers and onions - all from her parents' farm.  It was so good, I could have it once a week.

Friday - May have plans with friends.


Saturday - Covered dish reunion of my husband's college friends.  I'm taking Macaroni Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment