Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cilantro Cream Sauce


I served this on Memorial Day, and my husband declared "You outdid yourself tonight."  It's nice to hear praise like that and even nicer to hear it for a meal that was so simple to prepare, it was ridiculous.  This sauce only has four ingredients, is incredibly simple and very versatile.  You could switch out the herbs to basil, oregano, tarragon, dill....  (I've made this with basil before as well).  The important thing is to make this with fresh herbs, not dried.

While a fourth of a cup of cilantro was perfect with the salmon pictured here, I did discover with the leftovers that it was a bit too strong for my taste over plain pasta.  You may need to experiment a bit to find the right amount of herbs depending on what you're serving this with.

Cilantro Cream Sauce

1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced

Pour chicken broth into small sauce pan or skillet.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Pour in cream and bring to a boil.  Cook for 5 minutes until thickened, stirring constantly.  Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese, stir until melted.  Add cilantro and stir until combined.

Serve over chicken, fish, or pasta.

25 comments:

  1. Just stopping by from the Sew Darn Crafty link party.

    I love simple dishes that also taste great... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I love cilantro and am going to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy this looks so good. I need to try it soon.

    Love your blog

    Check out my food blog if you haven't already :)

    www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy! I'm sure going to try this I was wondering what I could do next with all the cilantro I have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good creamy sauce. Thanks for sharing this. I found your post at Serendipity and Spice. Stop in and see me at Quirky Vistas.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful recipe. in fact, I have some left-over cilantro. I love salmon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay... this looks DANG GOOD! I for sure need to try this like... TONIGHT! Thanks for sharing and what a fun blog you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum this looks good! Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays. Hope to see you again soon. www.asliceofsouthern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cilantro! Could I add more if I wanted to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think so. However I did find this amount quite strong. My suggestion would be to start with the 1/4 cup and do a taste test before adding more.

      Delete
  11. I have some fresh cilantro! I am going to try this! Love the recipe!
    Thanks,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura,
    Well, I would just be happy with the sauce, it looks delicious!
    Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sauce sounds amazing! Thanks so much for linking up at Mealtime Monday! Hope to see you again next week!

    Kaylee

    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love cilantro so much, I'm thrilled to find out about this sauce! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks really yummy! Thanks so much for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks delicious! So glad you linked this to Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks delicious! I love cilantro and can't wait to try this :) Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Thursday this week. I couldn’t do these parties without you. Can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so good. Makes me wish my husband likes cilantro. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yum this sauce looks delicious, I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love cilantro! What a yummy sauce! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a great simple sauce, love the cilantro! Thanks for sharing at Freedom Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yum, this sounds wonderful. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches :)

    ReplyDelete