Monday, August 26, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - August 25 - 30


Well we've gotten the first week of school under our belts.  The 8 year old seems to love the talented and gifted program and love his teacher, which is all good news.  The first day he told me, "School is AWESOME! We're allowed to bring books to read when we're done with our work. I made sure to find that out on the first day. You bet I did!"  (He loves to read.)

Today I start keeping an extra boy after school two days a week, so I'm gearing up for planning easy supers on those two days.  This year, at least during the fall, the late pick up day will be at my house, though, so that will make it a little easier to plan meals.

Sunday - Gyro Meatball Lettuce Wraps with Tomatoes, Yellow Rice
I followed Kalyn's recipe exactly except I used a different Greek seasoning.  We enjoyed it but I think it needs more seasoning and salt due to the swap in brands.

Monday - Make your own pizzas.
I finally found a gluten free pizza dough I want to try.  The 8 year old's pizza will just be pepperoni and cheese, but my husband and I like to mix it up with mushrooms, onions, spinach, cheese, or whatever else I discover in the fridge that looks good.  Today I'll be adding some chicken of the woods to mine, and I'm anxious to see how that turns out.

Tuesday - Hotdogs at school for PTA sponsored back to school night.


Wednesday - Meatloaf, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes
I'll be making this with gluten free bread crumbs and cream of something soup mix.

Thursday - One Pot Spaghetti, Salad
I made this once before with a gluten free pasta that was much too starchy.  I'm going to try it again with a new brand of pasta a friend introduced me to.

Friday - Out/Leftovers

Saturday - Grill Night

Also make pancakes, ham and cheese corn muffins (both to freeze for breakfasts and lunches this week), half a batch of freezer pickles, roasted tomatillo salsa, and experiment with damson plum jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment