Friday, June 14, 2013

Vacation Meal Ideas


Later this summer when our family goes on vacation to Virginia Beach, we're planning on eating most of our meals in the hotel room to save money.  We did this last year on our vacation too, but I wasn't quite as prepared.  This year I'm already making food to freeze and take with us on our trip.  My husband and I are already talking about eating out at the two restaurants we tried last year, but for the most part, we'll make all our meals in our room or pack picnic lunches to be enjoyed on the beach.

So far this is what I'm planning:


Breakfast

Blueberry Muffins
No Bake Granola Cupcakes


Lunch

Sandwiches
Cheese and Crackers
Quesadillas
Deli Sandwich Skewers


Dinner

Tacos
French Dip Sandwiches, Chips, Cole Slaw
"Finger Food Night" to include
  • Queso Dip
  • Spinach Artichoke Dip
  • Cheese and Crackers
  • Fruit and Vegetable Plate
Dessert

Rice Krispy Treats
Cookies

These are all items I can make ahead of time and rewarm (if needed) in the hotel room's microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment