Monday, May 28, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - Memorial Weekend Edition

This week we'll be going over budget some to enjoy some ribs on the grill Sunday evening and salmon on the grill Monday evening.  We're also splurging on ice cream now that it's getting hotter.  I bought some beautiful asparagus at the community market, as well as some yummy apple rosemary bread and some sweet cherries.


Sunday - Baby Back Barbeque Ribs, Corn on the Cob and Salad
We don't eat ribs often, but The Fresh Market puts them on sale on Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend, so we do tend to splurge then.

Monday - Salmon on the grill, Angel Hair Pasta with Tomatoes and Asparagus
I'll probably make a cream sauce to go over the salmon, but I haven't got anything specific in mind.  As for the angel hair pasta, I often make up some pasta, melt in a small pat of butter and toss in asparagus and tomatoes.  Once it hits the table a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese hits the spot.  It's a great way to enjoy spring vegetables and get in a starch on the side.

Tuesday - Crockpot 2 Bean Turkey Chili, Cornbread and Salad
It's starting to get too hot for chili in my opinion, but I love this version and I need a super quick crock pot super this week for the night I'll be getting home after 5:00pm.

Wednesday - Alice Springs Chicken, Crash Hot Potatoes, and Asparagus
This is our new recipe for the week.  I make smothered chicken recipes, but haven't tried the one inspired by Outback Steakhouse yet. My hope for this one is that everyone will like it and it will be fast, as we have our last Cub Scout meeting of the year at 6:30 this night.

Thursday - Spicy Bean Burritos and Cilantro Lime Rice
We love this burrito recipe from Annie's Eats and the rice from Skinnytaste is almost like Chipotle's.

Friday - Spaghetti with Brown Butter Sauce and Mizithra, Salad, and French Bread
Aside from Fettuccine Alfredo, this is my husband's favorite.  He was so happy when we discovered Mizithra in The Fresh Market.  At $20 a pound, it's not something we can have every day, but a half a pound of cheese lasts us quite a while, so I try to plan to make this at least once a month.

Saturday - Out
My husband and 7 year old are on their own Saturday while I attend my monthly spiritual parenting group meeting.  I suspect if the 7 year old gets his way, they will end up at Taco Bell or his favorite local Mexican restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment